Thursday, October 4, 2012

st. augustine; part two


 

So here is my part two of this adventure; however, if you feel left out, you can read part one HERE. We left off after we had an amazing lunch at Scarlett O'Hara's. After that, we headed back to the car to drive to Jared's dream of a place, The World Golf Hall of Fame. Let me tell you, this place was massive, and he was a little boy in the candy store. They had everything a golf enthusiast would want to see and learn about the game. After the museum, we proceeded to play the challenge hole and the putt putt course, of course, I like to say I beat him.

Now originally, we weren't going to visit the lighthouse because we didn't think that they would have enough time in our schedule of events. But as the afternoon went on, we decided we could squeeze it in. So there we found ourselves, shaken at the top of a lighthouse where you could see for miles. Pretty romantic if you ask me (hence the kissing picture). 

Being the lover for all things old, I insisted that we stop by some antique shops on the way back from the lighthouse. We found the perfect little one hour parking spot and shopping we went. Here's where the perfectness of the day continues. Normally, these shops close at 6:00 pm. But the last Saturday of every month, they have a little celebration with free drinks and snack and they also stay open until 9:00 pm. Clearly, I was excited about them staying open later and my man was excited about the free food. It was a win-win. Also, I got some pretty good deals on some antiques, so I guess you could call it a win-win-win.

So after our shopping, as our night was coming to an end, we knew we wanted to find a three hour parking spot (apparently, we are tourists, so we never had to actually pay a meter fee on the weekend. Well played city of St. Augustine, well played). We walked through the now empty streets and it felt as if we had the whole city to ourselves. The sun was going down and it was truly the golden hour. We decided on Mexican for dinner and ate on the balcony by the water under the almost full moon of the night. To end the night, we headed back over to where the day started, the Crucial Coffee Cafe, and ordered a frozen hot chocolate which was sipped by the water. 

Looking out at the moon lit water, I just felt so blessed and happy to be where I was and who I was with. Everything was just pure magic in that city that day.

Here are some more insta's from the second half of the trip
follow my next adventure at @amyjpalmer

Thanks for following along on this little day trip of mine. There were lots of pictures and lots of words, but lets face it, there could have been a lot more said about this trip (because it was that good).


4 comments:

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey girl, I just found your blog and I love it! Your photos are to die for--looks like so much fun! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to check out my blog and follow along, too! xx.
Megan


www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

leyla. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

we had only a few hours to spend in st.augustine and didn't get to make it to the lighthouse. it'll be something that we can look forward to on our next visit. the view is amazing. glad you had fun.

Tara @ A Brew of Blessings said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've never been to St.Augustine and I'm a Florida native! I think I need to pay this place a visit soon :) New follower here : www.abrewofblessings.com

anoddgirl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

lovely photos! I really like your sunglasses :)
xx

http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

Pin It button on image hover