Wednesday, November 7, 2012

my american privilege

I have never been much for politics. Splitting the country into two halves just because of a label is not an entertaining idea for me. I should have done more research on both halves, but I didn't. Of course, I watched some of the debates and heard the twelve thousand political commercials. However, I am not here to talk about who I chose or how I feel on the outcome, but rather the privilege I felt going to vote for the first time.

Walking up to the precinct, I had this unfound pride about me. I did not know I would feel it (especially since I didn't even know if I would vote in the first place) but I felt like my vote could make a difference. My vote could decide what these next four years are like. I am not sure if we all think about what time goes in to four years. These last four years of my life, so much has happened. I graduated high school, went to college, moved back home, etc. Life goes on. The world still spins. And while the world was still spinning yesterday, I felt like this accomplishment in my life, voting for the first time, made the world stop, if only for a minute. I cast my vote and left, knowing that whatever happened, God had his hand on it. He still does, and he will for these next four years.

Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway!
Get those entries in HERE
Winner will be announced November 14th

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover