Monday, December 17, 2012

free time? what's that?

I feel as though I have been a bad blogger. And so have some of you as a recent drop in followers has occurred. There has not been a single post since Thursday, no, not one. I know, it's crazy.

Time. It is something that I sometimes cannot wrap my head around. I simply have not had time to make a post since then. My usual Friday Favorites was missing, and so was a normal part of my routine. I had an unusually sleepy baby to snuggle with on Friday, a new years eve celebration to attend. You add a date to the farmers market, a christmas party, work, and sleep all in there, there is not much time for this little hobby of mine.
There is something also comforting about the fact that time is mine, and so is this blog. I can choose when I post, what I post, and what I want to write about. The time I have to write those posts is also mine, and the beautiful thing about it being mine, is that I would rather spend it with my man and friends, than behind a computer screen.
Free time is something that has been foreign, but now that I have some here and there, I have compiled a list of what I want to get accomplished.

>clean my room (you can read about that HERE)
>wrap pretty presents
>organize closet & get rid of stuff!
>see friends
>make Christmas ornaments (in the making now & can't wait to reveal!)
>read and finish a book I want to read
>gold-dipped feathers
>small dresser redo
>sleep in
>and last but not least, blog more
I adore this adventure of mine here in this cyberspace. I also want to develop it and make it into something more than it is now. Whether that will happen tomorrow or two years from now. I will still be mine. The fact that it will be there when I need a space to think, write, and inspire, is something I cherish.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope your last-week-before-christmas-craxziness isn't too stressful. 8 days and counting, people!

Also, keeping in my prayers the families, including that attackers, of that horrible tragedy in Connecticut. I am so very thankful for what I have been given this season more than ever. This world we live in can be so scary, but I find peace in knowing that I serve a bigger God. Want to know who inspires me today? THIS father who lost his 6 year old daughter that day, and stands there to support the family most people hate. That, is humility and true beauty.

4 comments:

Citrus - Refreshing Fashion said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

great pictures thanks for sharing and I feel u on the free time! hang in there girl :)

XO Meghan
citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

larissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The first picture is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your blog and I totally know how you feel about not having a whole lot of time but I think you are doing a great job and keep up the good work :).

I need to organize my closet too! I try to get rid of stuff instead of buying more hangers and storage but sometimes it does not always work.

xo, Amy
itwasloveat.blogspot.com

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I completely agree - while I love my little blog I would rather spend time face to face with the people I love. No shame in that!

Pin It button on image hover