Monday, February 18, 2013

a start of something new

There's something new in the air, or rather my brain and stomach. Tomorrow I start the new adventure in my life of coming an LPN (licensed practical nurse). Ah! For a whole year, from February to February, Monday through Thursday, I will be diving head first into some completely new territory. Since December 16th of last year, I have become pretty accustomed to working and only working (oh and this love of mine of course), but now everything is about to change. This is where my stomach and brain come into play. Mentally, I feel ready for this to happen. Always being strong academically, I feel as though most of the work will be something I can accomplish with no problem. Emotionally, it's a different story. I am not going to lie when I say that doubts are circling around in my mind. What if I don't like it? What if I don't have what it takes to see all of the things that most people run away from? Is this really the career that I want to do? I could probably come up with ten other questions to ask myself over and over.

I'm sure some of you can agree with me when I say that starting something that starts the rest of your life can be scary. When thinking how other people's lives are eventually going to be in my hands, I only become more anxious. But I feel as though this is the path that God has laid out for me. Therefore, I am going to give it everything I have. Whether I faint, cry, or continually have doubts, I will be back here in a year with a passing certificate. Because I have hope that this is what He wants me to do.

via
By taking this leap of faith, I am hopefully starting into something amazing. It may not be what I feel as though will fulfill me fully because there are so many different things I love, but I do feel as though this is where I am supposed to be. And hopefully, after starting my classes and becoming accustomed, I can say about myself:

via
The future is something that is so foreign to me, but that is something that is to great about life. I will never know what life plans have been set for me; I can only trust that I am in somebodies hands who is all knowing and who will allow me to be the normal confused human that I am.

Prayers are appreciated as I start this new career path! Also, my outfit of the day may change, but that doesn't mean my love of clothes will not. So I would love if you stick around to watch the hot mess that I will soon become. Who knows, it might be fun!

Happy Monday!



1 comment:

Jo Lane said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I wish you all the luck in your path of being a LPN :) I almost went to nursing school, but I am went with the MLT (Medical Laboratory Tech) program instead. I have been doing for about 10 months now and I graduate in Jan 14. Some days are good, and some days I want to pull my hair out and scream! Hope all goes well with you girl :)

Pin It button on image hover