Friday, February 8, 2013

friday favorites: little mustard dresser and winners announced


A few weeks ago, while scouring the furniture in a random stop at Goodwill (those happen often) I happened to run across this hideous excuse for a mini dresser for $15 (with an original price sticker still attached for $50!). Painted a spoiled yellow and brown color and drawers covered with cats, this thing was a sight to see. Truly, you had to be a cat lover to want to buy this. Well, I don't care much for cats, but lucky for me, I could look pasts those furry creatures and see the potential this could become.


Supplies:
>>Valspar Amber Wheat
>>80 grit sandpaper (to get rid of those cats and scruffing up)
>>dark stain for the scruffs
>>polycrylic to seal the paint and finish it off
>>oversized cup pulls


Overall I am just in love with this little piece. It adds a perfect pop of color with the rest of my white furniture. My favorite parts are the oversized cup pulls which really make a statement and how scuffed with piece is (I even scuffed the pulls!). With the whole thing sealed I can guarantee an easy clean and know it will last a lot longer.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm off on another trip this weekend to Orlando with my family and my man. So excited for yet another weekend getaway!

>>

The winners of the Whoop Tee giveaway are
Chelsea Thom & Lesley Raymond
Congrats! Shoot me an email at amyjpalmer54(@)gmail(dot)com and let me know you're the winner!

3 comments:

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the color that you chose for the dresser...so cute!
I'm looking for a new dresser, and I might just have to go with a DIY one :)

Happy Friday, girl!
xo

Hopeful Wandering said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh i love the color it is amazing :) I love DIY too, you did a great job!! :)

Emily @ hopefulwandering.blogspot.com

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it!!!

Pin It button on image hover