Thursday, February 28, 2013

this big 'ol world

hat: Cotton On // scarf: Express // shirt: F21 // chain bracelet: Style Lately // watch: Fossil // skull bracelet: INPink // jeans: F21 // socks: Target // shoes: Target
Have you ever had a sudden slap in the face? The kind that wakes you up even more the a triple skinny white mocha with two pumps of white mocha and two pumps of cinnamon dulce with no whip cream? (okay so that might be my favorite drink right now, and I may be a little obsessed). Driving to school yesterday morning, I had one of those moments.

Just so happens that my little route to school at 7:00 in the morning is dead north. Before turning onto that north road, I happened to notice the moon. Small and round as it was, it always surprises me to see the moon in the morning. I'm pretty sure I always think to myself, "hi-ya moon, nice of you to grace me with your presence this morning." On and on I went down the road thinking about nonsense things that were probably not important. While sitting at a stoplight, I feel this rush of heat on the left side of my face. Looking over, I see this giant ball of orange rising over some trees, full of heat and power. With the sun on my left and the moon on my right, I have never felt so small in my entire life. I mean I know there are things that are bigger, way bigger, than myself. But being able to look at the from the moon, to the sun, and back to the moon again, myself and my tiny white car seemed like just a grain of sand on this big earth.

I wish I had some epic ending for this story, but I am not sure I know how to put the feeling into words. One part of me felt minuscule, almost unimportant in a way. The other part of me felt empowered. As if I, and all humans, was put here, as a grain of sand on this earth, to make a difference somehow.

4 comments:

Citrus - Refreshing Fashion said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

that hat is perfect on u and love all the colors :)

XO Meghan

Ladies in Navy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is really pretty! :) love your story. i have had those moments before.
kw ladies in navy

boardwalksandboulevards said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great story! I have definitely had moments like that as well. It always seems to put things into perspective.

Love the colorful scarf! It's the perfect (almost) spring accessory!


- Kaitlyn

Boardwalks & Boulevards

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your blog & cute photos!!! I just started a fashion blog and I've been reading others for more inspiration- I will be adding yours to my followers for sure!! Thanks :)

www.versa-styles.com

Pin It button on image hover