Monday, March 18, 2013

with everything i do wrong as a blogger, i still love it

sunnies: Target // necklace: Carlisle Gifts // top: F21 // cardigan: F21 // bracelets: F21 & antique skirt: Old Navy // booties: Old Navy
There are some things as a life and personal style blogger I feel as though I do incorrectly. Does anyone else feel like that? Here, let me give you some examples.

>>I almost always use the same purse and almost never use it in outfit pictures. Why? Because I am too lazy to change my purse that often and because mentioning the same purse and where I got it (Kohl's to be exact) would be redundant.

>>I never switch my rings. I see so many other bloggers with the cutest ever-changing rings that correspond with their outfit. Rings are more of a staple for me. Once I decide to wear a ring, I keep it on the same finger, everyday, until I get tired of it. Switching my rings is just not a necessity for me.

>>I can no longer have my nails painted pretty colors because of school. Sad face.

>>I do not take outfit pictures everyday. Clearly. There is so much more that interests me other than personal style and fashion, and that is what I want my blog to reflect. Read more about that HERE. While I would love my blog to simply reflect what I like to wear, it never will; my life consists of more than that. That is why Blank Pages is a life and personal style blog. My life may outweigh the outfit posts sometimes (which I am working on), but I think that's okay.

>>I am not married nor do I have a baby.

>>I would love to do more furniture redo's and DIY projects, but show me the money, honey.

>>I never get dressed, just for the sake of getting dressed. If I have no where to go one day and no plans on  putting makeup on. You will not be seeing my outfit that day, because it consists of my pajamas.

>>Marketing my blog is still such a hazy subject. I mean other than the normal social media aspects such as twitter, instagram, and pinterest, I not even quite sure how you all got here, but boy am I happy.

Anyways, I would probably think of a lot more things that I could do differently. I see other blogs and think, oh if I only did that, I would have so many more followers. In reality, I probably would. But you five hundred and something people? You are awesome and make this blog so worthwhile. Because as soon as this stops being about me and starts being about the number of people in my followers, it will be a waste.

So happy Monday and thanks for showing up and reading. Feedback is always welcomed!

--------------

P.S. I am officially part of the You Are Project family! Check it out HERE and make sure to check back for fashion posts by yours truly!



7 comments:

Rachel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think it makes you a better blogger if you don't get dressed just to take the pictures and then wear something else! That really seems like a mark of untrustworthiness to me! And I wear the same five rings at all times--rings to me are more of a sentimental thing than a fashion thing.
And I only own one purse. And I'm pretty sure I never think to include it in photos. :P
I think being different is infinitely more fun than being normal.

Carly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I never switch my purse out either! Ever! And my nails? Never done.

I think you're awesome, and I love your posts......stick with exactly what you're doing!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Christine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh boy I hear you!! I have a list of things I should do better too :$ I love your blog and your outfit posts and you're right, it's not about how many followers you have you do it cause you love it :)
Thanks for sharing. It is nice to know that others feel this way as well.

Christine
Mavy May Designs

Ladies in Navy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

such a gorgeous blouse and necklace! and i never switch out my purse! too much hassle.
kw ladies in navy

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aaand that is why I could never be a fashion blogger :)

nicole s. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love this post, amy! i've carried the same AE sidebag for like three years, i don't wear jewelry except the watch and necklace my boyfriend bought me for chanukah, i haven't painted my finger nails since middle school, and i never do my hair. i only wear make up if i'm about to take outfit photos because otherwise it's a waste of photos. i would love to do a 30/30 or something, but that's just not how my life works. i could never take outfit photos every day or even wear photo-worthy outfits every day. i wear leggings as pants constantly. i don't even own a real camera. my boyfriend doesn't take my photos and he isn't named matt, which it seems every blogger's husband is.

sorry for all of that up there. apparently i had a lot to say. you're one of my favorite bloggers and i love that you're genuine about what's really going on, even when it's not glam. i'd read what you have to say over someone who changes their rings any day. you're incredible for being able to do it all. i'm constantly in awe of you.

xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com

Suburban Style Challenge said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm very similar to you. I rarely include my bag in my outfit shots, and very rarely change my bag. I don't take outfit pics every day, and have just been posting monthly "random outfit" posts from the beginning (I never wanted to just be one of those "here's what I wore" bloggers--I wanted to have more substance, y'know?). I very rarely wear rings at all, aside from my wedding set. I don't have kids, and don't plan to, though I am married.

And boy do I hear you on not getting dressed for the sake of getting dressed!

I've discovered that blog marketing is a full time job, and I already have one of those that comes with all kinds of benefits, and since hubs and I need those, I can't market my blog on a full-time basis. So yea... :/

And FWIW, I found you searching for the eShakti bird skirt, to see how others are wearing it, because I have it and have to do a review :) I have one outfit planned, but always like to get ideas.

Happy blogging, fellow rule-breaker!

Pin It button on image hover