Tuesday, April 23, 2013

gold makes everything better


Just until recently, I have not noticed the accumulation of gold touches that seem to be consuming my room. That statement in itself is funny because as a child, I distinctly remember having the greatest dislike for gold. I always said I would never wear gold jewelry, boy has that changed. And now, gold accents are all around my room. Not any large pieces or anything, although I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I quite like these little pieces. It honestly shows me how much my taste in different things has grown. Weird, right? That gold accents in a bedroom can tell you so much about yourself.

From the trims on frames to the plate with the gold watercolor, there are more places than I thought that gold has found itself home in my room. Welcome with open arms you are gold, because diamonds may be a girls best friend, but gold is a girls older sister. All grown up and fancy like.

Anyways, a lot of the DIY projects on this blog contain gold accents, and you can find them here:
apple stamped shelf
gold dipped feathers
card file

Did anyone else have a complete disgust for gold at some point in their life and has grown to love it?

>>

Don't forget about the amazing Uncommon Goods Giveaway going on until Thursday! Winner announced this Friday.

5 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I absolutely hated gold when I was growing up too, but recently I've been so drawn to it. I just love the little touches of it that you've shown here :)

-Ashley
rainstormsandlovenotes.com

Emma-lee said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! You look about as obsessed with gold as me :b

nicole s. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i was the same way! as a child, i didn't really *get* gold. probably because claire's didn't sell a lot of it back then. now i exclusively wear gold and won't touch anything silver with a ten foot pole.

love the gold on the frames. and i never would have thought to put the tiny macaron boxes into a glass keeper! brilliant.'

xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com

Ladies in Navy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

so pretty! thanks for sharing this!
kw, ladies in navy

Zara giveaway

Gap/Old Navy Giveaway

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i. love. your. room! So so so so so cute!

Pin It button on image hover