Wednesday, March 7, 2012

how to dress your sunburn

blazer: H&M tank: F21 shorts: F21 shoes: American Eagle bracelets: F21

This is a very important topic; not only to the native floridians like me, but to those who fly, drive, visit, or explore any area where you are less clothed than normal, with uv rays that love to give your skin an extra nice red color. Remember this post? The one below? I mentioned that I ended up like a tomato on fire, which was the complete truth. I have had my fair share of sunburns; therefore, you can basically call me an expert. So the outfit above is an example of how to dress that on-fire skin. You can't quite tell that I was as red as a tomato on fire, but boy could I feel it.
Here are the basics:
Comfort is key. There is nothing more miserable than being sunburnt and wearing something that irritates your skin even more than it already is. Starting with undergarments, they should be as soft and non-constricting as possible. Your top should be loose and flowy; I usually gravitate towards shirts that touch my skin as little as possible. Bottoms that work great are loose shorts or skirts. I tend to stay away from denim, both shorts and pants; these can rub your skin in areas that are already sensitive. My motto, the more cotton in your outfit, the better. Your feet are probably the last thing to get burnt; however, if the sun ends up loving your toes, let those suckers breathe! Wear comfortable sandals that don't rub. Accessories should be minimal. Only placing a bracelet or some earrings in your ensamble that don't touch anything that's hurting.
There you have it, some tips on how to dress that sunburn. Oh, and one last thing, aloe lotion should be included as a twenty-four seven article of clothing. It will practically become your best friend.


5 comments:

Blytheponytailparades said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This outfit has me craving summer so badly! LOVING IT! :)

Kaytee Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you look so cute!

Anna @ IHOD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am kind of jealous of your sunburn...;)
I mean I cannot wait for summer!
Love your top chica!

Collections said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is SUCH a great striped top.

Shoppalu Leather Jacket Giveaway

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha great post idea! I liiive for aloe lotion while burnt and usually keep wearing flowy dresses or maxi dreses :) Darling little blog you have here <3

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover